Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzing spatial data through the use of mapping software.
- Discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data.
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Creating “shapefiles” to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map.
- Producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data, including crime statistics and hospital locations.
- Developing mapping applications and tools.
- Converting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
- Performing data munging and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
- Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
- Managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, geography, environmental science, or a related field
• Must have strong written and oral communications skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Experience using GIS Software (ArcGIS, QGIS) and Google Maps, Google Earth.
• Practical experience in editing and digitizing GIS data.
• Experience in Enterprise Geodatabase(Multi user database) data editing.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Good organizational skills
• Ability and willingness to learn and grow professionally
What we offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses
- A friendly, dynamic and exciting environment
- An opportunity to personally make a difference
- An exciting, rapidly growing business environment
- A modern system using the latest technology and tools
- Flexible working hours