We are looking for an experienced MySQL Database Administrator (DBA) who will be responsible for ensuring the Performance, Database Tuning, Database Clean-up, Database Migration, Database Availability, and Security of Clusters of MySQL Instances. The candidate will also be responsible for Orchestrating Upgrades, Backups, and Provisioning of Database Instances. The candidate will also work in tandem with the other teams, documentation, and specifications as required.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provision MySQL instances, both in Clustered and Non-Clustered Configurations
- Ensuring the Performance, Database Tuning, Database Availability, and Security of Clusters of MySQL Instances
- Development of Database Schema
- Development of ERD
- Find the Root Cause of Database related issues & Database Clean-up
- Migrating Data from Customer Database to Serosoft Product Database
- Prepare Documentation and Specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:-
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQLs underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Proficient in Database Clean-up and Migrations
- Knowledge of De-Facto Standards and Best Practices in MySQL
- Proficient in Writing and Optimizing SQL statements
- Proficient in Table Scan, Row Scan, Query Execution Plan, SQL Profiler, etc.
- Should be able to decide when to create Views (Standard Views, Indexed views, and Partitioned views)
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its Event Scheduler
- Ability to plan Resource requirements from High-Level Specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as SVN / Git
- DBA Certification would be added advantage